Spring is here…Contrary to what mother nature has dumped in my front yard (5 feet of snow). I know many of you out there are already enjoying warmer temps and are ready to start getting everything aired out and cleaned out. It is still winter here, but I am beyond ready to clean things out and get ready for summer too.
I decided to come up with a list of things I needed to clean out and organize. After thinking and pondering, I came up with 20 different areas of my household to clean. Now, there is no way I could take a full day, or multiple full days to do all of these things at once. Therefore, I’ve decided that during the month of April I will complete one task on this list per day. Since there are only 20 cleaning tasks, I will have 10 “free” days incase I’m too busy to get to a cleaning task. Feel free to join me in this Spring Cleaning Challenge!
Happy New Year y’all!! I trust that everyone had a great time ringing in the new year!
For the month of January I will have a motivational quote for the day. I figure it is a great way to start out your morning, and help to keep you motivated all month. My wonderful coworker and trainer, Rita, gave a little booklet of quotes she put together to all her clients for Christmas, and she gave me one too! I’ll be using these quotes each day this month, because they are awesome! Feel free to steal these quotes and share them with others. The more motivated and positive we are as a community the better off we will be.
I’m not one for making resolutions each year. The word “resolution” puts way too much pressure on things for me. I prefer to make goals, that way if I don’t complete a goal I don’t feel let down. Instead, I know that I worked hard, but I didn’t quite get there if my goal doesn’t get completely accomplished.
This is the first year living in North Dakota I have set goals for myself. The past 2 years my only mission was to get through another freezing cold year in the middle of nowhere North Dakota without loosing it altogether. So, I’m really excited for my new goals in 2013!
Goals for 2013
- Do my best to inspire others to eat clean and/or exercise
- Run my first Half Marathon!!!
- 13 races of various lengths in 2013
- Actually become a “runner”
- Continue to lift heavier weights in the gym as the year progresses
- Continue learning and trying new things that intimidate me
- Work on hammock yoga and aerial silks throughout the year in hopes of bringing it to Minot, ND
- Make it through Andrea’s (my boss/coworker) medicine ball circuits from hell workout without wanting to die. The circuits she put together are awesome and work you, and I’m determined to rock that workout!
- Read Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (I’ve owned this book for over 8 years now, and I have yet to read it)
- Get through all my books in my “to read” stack before I buy anymore (unless it is for book club, or a new Daniel Silva, Harlan Coben, Sarah Jio…okay, maybe this one is more of a guideline than a goal, but I really DO need to get through all these books before I buy any more!)…That picture above is of my “to read” mountain. I have a horrible addiction to buying books.
- Actually paint my toe nails…bear with me on this one. I’m barefoot a lot for swimming, pilates, and yoga. I really don’t think my toes are good looking, so in order not to gross others out, I really should make them look pretty.
- Get my husband to go out on a “date” once a month (this one has crash and burn written all over it)
- Make sure the reading incentive program I put together for my son’s school goes off great for each student.
- Catch up on laundry…it is bound to happen one of these years
What are your goals for 2013? I love hearing about and helping/motivating others to reach their goals, so share!