Well, it is that time of year again. Time to break out the holiday music and do our annual Christmas Ride for my Spinning classes. I always ask everyone what Christmas music they want, and this year there is a Bieber song that was requested. So, for all you Bieber fans out there you can get your fix with this ride. However, if you are like me and avoid his music…Pop in those earplugs for 4 minutes and 43 seconds. 🙂
I have all the door prizes set to go for the lucky riders who come for the holiday rides! I think I have about 35 door prizes or more, and they are all totally awesome!! I also have glow in the dark bracelets and necklaces for everyone too!
A couple of quick updates!
I got my new IPhone 5 yesterday! IPhone and I sat down and had a nice conversation (all-be-it one sided) about what I wanted out of our relationship. I told IPhone I wanted zero stress, and in return I would get IPhone an overpriced case to go in. Thankfully IPhone had no arguments, so our relationship shall begin . Now to give my 7 year old son my cell phone so he can show me how to use the darn thing!
I posted last week that I set a new goal of only having 2 cups of coffee a day. So far I’m doing pretty well with this. Kim @ Fabulous Fit Foodie and Christine @ Love, Life, Surf suggested that I have a smoothie in the morning. This was genius, and it is an easy thing for me to do. I moved my post workout smoothie to my breakfast time. Guess what? It worked. After one sip of my smoothie I didn’t want any coffee. Go figure! I’m quite happy with this. Thank you Kim and Christine! Of course, I still have my afternoon Starbucks.
Yesterday’s Christmas Spinning class was a blast! We all laughed and sweated away! My favorite part was giving away the door prizes. I had everything from Starbucks mugs to Burt Bee’s chap stick and Farkle (if you don’t own the game Farkle run to your local Target or Wal-Mart and get it). Everyone walked out with a fun prize and a piece of fruit.
I hope y’all have a great weekend and are having safe travels and/or preparing for Christmas! If you are in need of some workouts or treadmill and elliptical workouts, check out the following pages:
In the meantime, hug a loved one and have a Merry weekend!
What are your plans for this weekend before Christmas?
This morning I’m teaching my Holiday Spinning class! I’ve been excited about this one for awhile. I have the door prizes all packed and set to go as you can see from the picture.
There are a ton of prizes and they all rock. I would share what they are, but some of my students read my blog, and I don’t want to give away too much. Plus I will be providing glow-in-the-dark green and red bracelets and necklaces to make things even more fun! Here is the play list for today’s spinning class (click here to go to the full profile for this ride):
- The Polar Express 3:23 Tom Hanks
- All I Want for Christmas Is You 4:01 Mariah Carey
- Run Rudolph Run 2:41 Phineas Phineas and Ferb Holiday Favorites
- Nutrocker 4:06 Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- A Mad Russian’s Christmas (Instrumental) 4:42 Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Rockin’ On Top of the World 2:35 Steven Tyler
- The Christmas Song (Holiday Remix) 4:01 Christina Aguilera
- Jingle Bells (Ricky Workout Remix @ 128BPM) 4:53
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Workout Mix) 4:43
- O Tannenbaum 5:09 Colin Bailey/Monty Budwig/Vince
- White Christmas 3:04 Bing Crosby
- Winter Wonderland / Silver Bells / White Christmas 5:31 The Carpenters
I know y’all are most likely starting to travel to other places for the holidays. With traveling and visiting with family comes a lot of food and little activity. I also know that many of you have been keeping active over the holidays, and you would like to continue working out while you are away from home. Therefore, I put together this workout that you can take anywhere with you! The only weight you use is your own body weight! Travel safely!!
- Forward to Reverse Lunge: The video using a dumbbell. This is not required for your traveling workout.
- Curtsy Lunges
- Tricep Dips side note: Use a dinning room chair that is pushed up against the wall, since you won’t be traveling with a weight bench
- Check the Exercise Term Glossary for any other exercises you may need directions for.